WITHDRAWAL MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
Byron Private Treatment Centre provides a high quality residential withdrawal management service for those wishing to withdraw from alcohol and/or other drugs. Our comprehensive treatment model addresses the physical, biological and social aspects of addiction integrating a three stage treatment program of withdrawal management, residential treatment and aftercare support.
Withdrawal at Byron Private Treatment Centre is medically supervised by a specialist team of licensed physicians specializing in the treatment of addiction, including Psychiatrists, General Practitioners GP’s and Registered Nurses (RNs). Psychological and emotional support is available from our clinical team of Psychologists, Therapists and AOD trained Counsellors.
Clients admission procedure includes a thorough pre-admission assessment to determine eligibility for our program. Upon admission clients are seen by our specialist GP who a completes a comprehensive physical examination, clinical interview and refers for appropriate blood and urine tests. Other assessments deemed necessary for the individual may be requested.
Our substance withdrawal program provides a medically supervised safe detox program, the length of program is dependent upon the level of substance use and other medical conditions. General withdrawal lasts 5-10 days and in other cases, primarily with benzodiazepine withdrawal, it can take anywhere from two weeks to three months.
Our residential withdrawal management service is available to individuals completing our 42 day residential treatment program. While Byron Private treatment team does include fully qualified psychiatric and medical professionals, please note that people with existing health condition may not be accepted into the withdrawal program as a higher level of medical support may be required.
The potential resident:
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Should have an interest in treatment and motivation to attend the program
- Potential residents with complex medical or psychiatric histories are evaluated by the Clinical Director on a case by case basis
- Should be able to comprehend and understand materials presented, and be mentally able to participate in the treatment process
- Has a Body Mass Index above 18
Byron Private is unable to accept people who:
- are actively suicidal with a plan, intent and means
- are a registered sex offender
- Individuals who are experiencing an immediate mental and / or physical health crisis that requires urgent medical care
Based on the Pre-Admission Assessment, the Clinical Director decides whether treatment at Byron Private is appropriate for the person. Where necessary, the Clinical Director will consult with Byron Privates clinical advisors as required to determine the length and type of treatment program recommended.
Where Byron Private declines to offer treatment, a suitable referral to alternative care is provided.
- Medically supervised withdrawal
- Pharmacotherapy stablisation / management
- Psycho Education
- Physical and Mental Health Diagnostic Assessments
- Assessments of high risk situations
- Stress and Anxiety Management
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Mindfulness Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Harm reduction / Relapse prevention
- Self Support Groups 12 Step and Smart Recovery
- Individual Therapy
- Psychiatrist Review
- Psychological Assessment
If you would like to take the first steps in starting a new life free from the grips of addiction please contact us now via the website and our clinical team will respond to you within 24 hours or call our Clinical Director today on +61 457 888 890.